So my friend Jessica got married this past weekend, and yet somehow during her wedding day she found time to like the Instagram of my new jewelry rack and ask me to write a guest post for her craft blog, Nest at Home. Annnnnd, within two days of wedding, she had it up and posted. Rock star.
Check out my post and her many other lovely craft projects, including her Bride on a Budget posts.
Follow Jessica on Twitter!
Related Post: That time I interviewed Jessica about her work at Parents magazine.
Related Post: Guest blogging on Anna’s food blog!
1. DIY: Thirteen creative solutions to one of my perennial problems: where do I put all my books? From Ecosalon.
2. FLIGHT: BBC has a badass gallery of photos of Ghana’s female pilots. What have YOU been learning in your spare time?
3. PRESIDENT: After a conservative pundit referred to Obama as a “metrosexual” President (as if that’s a bad thing…) Mother Jones put together a list of the 43 other metrosexual presidents.
4. GAME: Totally mesmerizing ten-minute short film by Jay Cheel about the politics within a group of friends as the addictive board game Settlers of Catan gets the better of them.
5. PIN-UP: The Rumpus interviews burlesque performer and red carpet regular Dita Von Teese.
6. THRONES: Game of Thrones author George R. R. Martin pokes fun at his most aggressively zealous fans on his LiveJournal. And yes, he has a LiveJournal.
Related Post: Sunday 59: Child psychopaths, Michelle Obama’s mistake, Kickstarter successes.
Related Post: Sunday 58: Facebook vs. Instagram, interview with Alison Bechdel, ten most read books on the planet.
1. EQUALITY: How can we combat the misguided and preposterous belief that allowing gays to marry will someone lead the way to people marrying toasters, dogs, and dead people? A handy diagram to hand out to all your idiot friends.
2. LIBRARY: Flavorwire has a highly subjective list of the 25 most beautiful college libraries. I’m not going to argue though, because Harper is #8.
3. PUBES: Ever wonder about the history of pubic hair? Yeah, me too. The Atlantic takes a historical approach the current trend of ripping it all out.
4. FASHION: Blogger Marissa at New Dress A Day buys heinously ugly dresses and revamps each and every one to make something contemporary and wearable. And she does this every day.
5. ADORBS: Even babies who don’t know any words can mimic the speech patterns of rap music. So freaking cute (and so is the dad….).
6. LEGO: Lego is launching a new line of girls toys called Lego Friends. Businessweek investigates the origins of the new line and Lego’s history with shoving the pink crap in the corner.
Related Post: Sunday 40 = Louis C.K. on daughters, NPR’s imaginary faces, bellies.
Related Post: Sunday 39 = Siri drama, boozing at work, a library artwork mystery of international proportions.