1. TIM: Interview with Tim Gunn in Mother Jones about his childhood, his It Gets Better spot, and consistently being the best thing about Project Runway.
2. PEGGY: Watch Peggy Orenstein (author of Cinderella Ate My Daughter) on Anderson Cooper’s day time show. She talks princess culture, hyper sexualization, you know… the usual stuff.
3. LAUNDRY: From Sociological Images, check out this store front display from UK store Bosch.
4. DREAM: A D.C. classroom of adorable children tag teams “I Have a Dream.” Even Gwen Ifill of PBS is moved.
5. HISTORY: Amazing photos from the Loving family (of Loving vs. Virginia, the case that ended interracial marriage bans). I’ve read so much about this case, but have never known what the namesakes looked like. Nothing like pictures to really contextualize a family’s love in the scope of political history.
6. BODY: A really moving, eloquent piece by Janell Burley Hofmann about what happened when her seven-year-old daughter saw herself in the mirror and declared that she was fat.
Related Post: Sunday 44 = booty call rules, tween feminism, Margaret Cho rocks.
Related Post: Sunday 43 = movie makeovers, Jimmy Fallon as Russell Brand, Private Danny Chen