1. MUSIC: The sign-language interpreter steals the show at this Wu-Tang performance (Gawker).
2. DATING: If you’re familiar with the sniveling “Nice Guys” who are very upset that their “niceness” doesn’t make girls want to sleep with them, you might enjoy this bit of satire from Insert Literary Reference.
3. HEALTH: Why is a colonoscopy 26x more expensive in the U.S. than in Canada? It’s complicated, says Mother Jones.
4. BRO: What exactly is a bro? Venn diagrams to the rescue! And who is at the middle of it all? Lochte, of course.
5. VOWS: I thought nothing would top the wolf wedding announcement, but I was wrong.
6. BOOKS: Publisher’s Weekly explains some big name books in pie-chart form.
Related Post: Sunday 102 – Founding father pin-ups, rich kids of Instagram, authors annotating their first editions.
Related Post: Sunday 101 – Soldier portraits, cartoons about depression, Rihanna’s hairdresser
1. ART: Slate has a slide show of Alexa Meade’s “human canvases.” She paints on real live human beings to make them look like paintings of humans. Take another look at that picture above; that is a real dude on a subway platform.
2. LIBRARY: One Canadian library is combating the decline in readership by loaning out “human experts.” Hmmmmm. From GOOD Magazine.
3. SLUT: Alida at The Frenemy very succinctly, and hilariously, explains why throwing around “slut” is bad for all women, not just the receiver of the “insult.”
4. YOGA: Yoga teacher Sarah explains to The Awl what is so annoying about yoga (onion smell, excessive hugging, show-offs, etc.) and also explains why you should do it.
5: BRAZIL: How did Brazil manage to crash it’s birth rate to lower than the United States’ so quickly? This National Geographic piece looks at the causes for the “playground slide” drop, including telenovelas!
6: REPUBLICAN 2012: Venn diagrams are fun. Especially when they come from Nate Silver and have Republican nominee candidates categorized by “electable,” “interested in running,” and “reliably conservative.”
Related Post: Sunday 24 = Andrej Pejic, English majors, dominatrix on NPR and Chicago from outer space.
Related Post: Sunday 23 = Martha Stewart loves seafoam green, douchey t-shirts, and ngrams.