1. AUTHORS: 50 places every literary fan should visit, according to Flavorwire. I’ve been to one…
2. OITNB: If you are not watching Orange is the New Black I don’t even really know what to say to you anymore. Anyway, Autostraddle has an in-depth look at the differences between the memoir and the show.
3. RACE: After Don Lemon’s awful advice to black people (pull up your pants!) Jay Smooth takes him to task on the Ill Doctrine and explains how pulling up one’s pants does diddly squat to solve institutionalized inequality.
4. PRIVILEGE: Doug Muder’s The Weekly Sift very articulately picks apart the “distress of the privilege” with examples from Pleasantville to Chick-fil-A.
5. BRAZIL: Suketu Meta (author of Maximum City) writes for the New York Review of Books about his experience traveling in the favelas of Brazil.
6. ADVICE: George Saunders, who I love, gave a stellar commencement address to Syracuse about kindness.
Related Post: Sunday 107: Millennial worry, mermaids, Amanda Palmer, etc.
Related Post: Sunday 106: Dustin Hoffman, sex education, Rob Delaney and more